Vegas Baby!
How to Get Free Stuff
How to Save Money
Things To Do in Las Vegas
How to Get Around
How to Book Shows
How to Get Hotel Discounts
How to Get Cheap Flights
How to Get Married
Where to Eat
How to Gamble
How to Get a Slot Card
Deals & Promo Codes


Currently in Las Vegas
Las Vegas Detailed Weather
Visit us on FacebookGoogle +Follow us on InstagramFollow us on TweeterFollow Us on Pinterest

"O" Tickets 15% Internet Offer

Jersey Boys
Jersey Boys - Save Over $50
Tickets from $75

Beatles LOVE
LOVE Tickets
Tickets from $69

KA Tickets from $69


Email this page


How-To get married in Las Vegas


How to Get a Las Vegas Marriage License


It's easy to get married in Las Vegas; there are more than enough chapels and willing ministers. Your Las Vegas wedding can be anything from spur-of-moment to over-the-top. You can have a lengthy event with all the trimmings or you can arrive in shorts and be done in 5 minutes. You can have it in a grand location or get it done at a drive-thru. It's really up to you and your intended. No matter what version you choose, you can find everything you need quickly and easily. Before you have your dream wedding, however, there are a few things you should know.



Requirements for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens are the same.
You don't need to get a blood test.
There is no waiting period after a license is issued.

The current fee for a marriage license is $60.00, payable by cash, cashier's check, money order, or credit card. Applicants can use their American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa at the main Las Vegas location only. Note: there is an additional $5.00 service charge when credit cards are used. Debit cards are not accepted unless the card is a debit/credit card.

Both parties must appear in person before a Clerk at a Clark County Marriage Bureau location.
Take a document with you that you can use to prove your age. One standard document is your driver's license or photo ID. A passport is an acceptable form of photo ID. (List of acceptable forms of Identification)
The following forms of Identification is acceptable for Out-of-country persons applying for a marriage license. You may provide a foreign birth certificate (must be translated into English and notarized), a valid passport or a resident alien card. Only one form of valid identification is required.
You will need to apply for a marriage license. You can get this from the Marriage Bureau in Clark County. Both parties must be present at the Marriage License Bureau to obtain a marriage license.
Courthouse Hours: 8am - 12 midnight every day. Including holidays.
Out-of-state marriage license are not accepted in the State of Nevada.
All U.S. citizens are required to provide their Social Security number on the Affidavit of Application for a Marriage License. You do not need to present your Social Security card. Those applicants not issued a Social Security number by the United States will enter "none" in the appropriate box.
Your Marriage License and Certificate will be prepared with your legal name exactly as it appears on the identification presented. It is your responsibility to present the proper identification to have your name reflected as you desire. For example, if you want your Marriage License and Certificate to reflect your full middle name, the identification you present must contain your full middle name - not an initial.
Adults 18 yrs. and older DO NOT NEED consent but proof of age is required.
Ages 16 -17yrs. old will need consent from their parents or legal guardian to get married. The parents or legal guardian will have to be present at the time of the application for a marriage license. If the parents cannot be there, a notarized document stating consent, as well as the birth certificate of the underage applicant, is required.
Under the age of 16 must have parent's consent and authorization from the Nevada District Court. The parent or legal guardian will have to file a court action and presents a court order to the Marriage License Bureau.
A witness other than the individual performing the ceremony is required. The Wedding Chapel will provide a witness if you need one.
If you have been married before, you are not required to bring the divorce decree but the divorce must be final and you must know the exact date of the divorce as well as the city and state where it was granted.
Ministers will request the original license prior to the ceremony or a copy of the original for all vow renewals.
In order to have a legal marriage, a ceremony must be performed in the State of Nevada within one year from the date of issuance of the marriage license. The ceremony may be performed in any wedding chapel, church or the civil marriage commissioner's office.
These marriages are recognized throughout the world.





Las Vegas Online Marriage License Application


To save time and also understand the requirements, you are strongly encouraged to use the online Pre-Application for a Marriage License.


When you complete the application online, you will be issued a reference number. Bring that reference number to a designated Express window in the Marriage License Bureau for faster service.


Note: Your Pre-Application will be kept in the Marriage License Bureau system for sixty (60) days.







Special note for visitors from foreign countries


Marriages performed in the State of Nevada will be recognized by your country, however, some countries may require a certified copy of your marriage certificate and an Apostille from the Nevada Secretary of State to finalize the marriage in your country. An Apostille may be obtained by contacting the Nevada Secretary of State by mail at:


Secretary of State

Capitol Complex

Carson City, Nevada 89710



It is suggested that non U.S. citizens check with their local officials for any special documents that may be needed to ensure that their marriage will be recognized in their country.


Same Sex Marriage in Nevada


Currently Nevada law allows only a male and female to be legally married. However, in 2013, Nevada's Senate Joint Resolution 13 passed, potentially legalizing gay marriage in the State of Nevada. Voters still have to vote on this resolution before it becomes law. (Check back for updates)


In the meantime if you are gay, lesbian or simply want to demonstrate your devotion to your partner, a Commitment ceremony is the way to go.


Domestic Partnership questions should be directed to the office of the Secretary of State in Carson City, Nevada at 800-992-0900 or at


Renewal of Vows in Las Vegas


This Marriage License Bureau is prohibited from issuing a new Marriage License to couples who are currently married. Couples may renew their wedding vows at a church or a wedding chapel. You will need to contact those wedding chapels to see what information is required.


Las Vegas Wedding Packages


Las Vegas Marriage Bureau Commitment Ceremony
How to Get a Marriage License Gay and Lesbian Las Vegas
Steps to a Perfect Wedding in Las Vegas Things To Do
Las Vegas Wedding Chapels Money Saving Tips


Share your Las Vegas Marriage Experience


No comments yet. Be the first to write a comment.



Enter the letters & numbers in the box below

security image