Chumba Casino is a sweepstake casino site that offers social casino gaming throughout the USA and Canada under the ownership and operation of VGW Games Limited. Here, you can bet free Sweep Coins on casino game outcomes for real-money rewards.
Our Chumba Casino sweepstake review provides insight into all the games, sweepstake bonuses, and services afforded to US players. Join us as we delve into subjects such as promotional offers, platform usability, payment methods, security supplied, customer service, software, games, and more. Use our helpful information to decide if Chumba Casino offers the perfect package for you.
Chumba Casino: Pros & Cons
- Players get sweepstakes for free
- There is a good selection of payment methods
- Table games are available for sweepstake play
- Well licensed and secured
- No poker games available on the site
Bonuses and promotions are popular at all online casinos because players always enjoy an exciting and competitive deal. Most offers get players off to a flying start with additional bonus cash to help them extend their game sessions.
The Chumba Casino bonus is different from the run-of-the-mill online casino bonuses in several ways, so it’s important that you read this section of the Chumba Casino review for some clarity on the subject.
Chumba is unique in that it is a social casino that does not accept real-money wagers. As such, all its bonuses and offers promote the purchase or gain of Gold Coin Tokens and Sweepstakes, similar to the Luckyland bonuses many of you may have experienced before.
First-time players at the casino will receive a tremendous Welcome offer that includes 2 000 000 free Gold Coins + 2 Sweep coins. This gives you ample opportunity to try all the games out on the platform without spending a nickel.
New members can also enjoy a Welcome discount when they load up on the site. You can purchase a package of 3000 000 Gold Coins (GC) for $10 (instead of the normal price of $30) and receive 30 Sweep coins (SC) for free.
While Gold Coins are necessary to play the social games on the Chumba website, you cannot earn real money rewards with them. You can, however, place wagers in Sweep Coins and bet with those. Any SC rewards can then be redeemed for real money. All allocated Sweep Coins must be wagered at least once before wins can be withdrawn.
Our Chumba Casino reviews took a look into the actual site design. Chumba Casino is a first-rate online sweepstake casino that is designed to engage its players in every way, shape, and form. The bold, rich colors of the game icons laid over a navy-blue background are a delight to the eyes and an attractive feature of the site’s design which is worthy of mention in this Chumba Casino review section.
While there is a lot of imagery on the screen, the layout is simple and certainly doesn’t feel like it is cluttered in any way. This rings true whether you are playing on the larger screen of your desktop device or on the small display of your smartphone or tablet.
Navigation is easy too. The games are sectioned into three primary categories (Slots, Jackpots, and Table Games). Simply click on one of these tabs at the top of the page to filter to your game of choice. There is no enhanced filtering mechanism in the menu, but it’s not needed with the diminutive size of the game library. The only time you’ll have to scroll is when browsing through the slots, but even this is not a protracted operation.
To access all other areas of interest and to browse through the bonuses and services mentioned in this Chumba Casino review, simply click on the menu icon for a breakdown of the options. Not many casinos will give you a thorough breakdown of what’s on offer like Chumba does. Click on the ‘’Contact Us’’ page and choose a category of interest for instant information on anything related to the operator’s offering.
All in all, the casino site feels smooth. Loading into the lobby is quick and the loading times on individual games are in keeping with the best casinos out there. Placing a wager is as easy as a toggle up or down and most games will tell you what to do next.
At mainstream online casinos, you will need to keep your account topped up with real money balances. To do this, the casino will partner with top-rated online casino payment methods to make depositing and withdrawing from the operator a cinch. Our Chumba Casino sweepstake review reveals a different approach to loading your account.
Instead of loading real funds to your casino account, you will need to purchase bundles of Gold Coin tokens. This is a virtual currency used to play the games, but it has no intrinsic value and cannot be redeemed for real-money rewards. The casino provides free Sweep Coins as add-ons to bundles and for accomplishing specific tasks. These can be redeemed for real cash and can be withdrawn in two ways:
- You can request a voucher for the funds
- You can request a cash payout in cash. This will be transferred to your bank account. This process will accrue no added fees and costs.
Before you can accept payouts from the casino, you will need to validate your bank account by sending the casino statements to prove that it belongs to you. Withdrawals can take up to 10 days to process, which is quite a bit longer than you would expect from a top-rated mainstream casino.
Purchasing coins can be done directly on the casino website. According to our Chumba Casino review team, the operator accepts purchases via Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card, American Express Card, Online Bank Transfer, or Skrill E-Wallet. However, before you make purchases of tokens, you will need to verify your casino account in accordance with KYC legislation.
KYC will require that you send supporting documents to the support center to prove your identity and place of residence. This process may take up to 72 hours to complete.
Good customer service should always extend past the initial welcome bonus and the game lobby. A good support department will always be available to players to answer their queries and handle their complaints. In such a competitive market, service is key to success.
The likelihood that you will ever need to speak to a professional support operator is very slim, as the ‘’Contact Us’’ page provides answers to a wide array of frequently asked questions. It covers vital information over several categories:
- Casino: Find information about the mobile experience, game variance, or RTP. It also answers questions like, is Chumba Casino Safe?
- Account: Find all the pertinent information about your account, its settings, and other unique features.
- Bonuses and Promotions: Learn all you need to know about claiming offers, getting Sweep Coins, and more
- Payments: A complete section on all you need to know about making purchases online at Chumba.
- Verification: Learn how to verify your account properly.
- Prize Redemption: Lays out the nitty-gritty for redeeming prizes you win on the site.
- Game and Technical Issues: All the info you need about software issues, glitches, and more.
- Responsible Gambling: Answering all you need to know about the casino’s safe gambling policy and the tools they offer to help manage your account more responsibly.
Unless something truly goes wrong with a purchase or withdrawal, you should be able to coast along without the need for help. However, if you need some added assistance or find that our Chumba Casino casino review has not covered something, be sure to get in contact with an agent.
You can contact the casino for help 24/7 by sending them a form submission with your query, or by reaching out to them on social media. A support agent will contact you back in either English or Spanish within a reasonable time to resolve your call.
Is Chumba Casino legit? This is an important question that you should ask of any casino you play at. The last thing you want is to fall victim to a scam or unfair business practices.
When choosing online casinos to play at in the United States, you need to be especially aware of whether the site you are entering is legal in your region. Real-money online gambling is only regulated in a handful of states, including Delaware, Michigan, New Jersey, West Virginia, Nevada, and Pennsylvania.
Fortunately, sweepstake gaming, like that offered by Chumba Casino, is legal in all 50 states and across Canada to boot. Sweepstake wagering is not technically gambling, because you are not betting real-value funds. The only purchase you make is for Gold Coins, which cannot be traded or redeemed for real money wins. You can only earn wins when playing with Sweepstakes, but these special tokens cannot be purchased and are given to you for free. Once again, prizes are awarded to you for playing with free credits, hence you are not sweepstake gambling under the definition of US law.
Now that we know that Chumba is legitimate, let’s cover how safe they are in the sections that follow:
- Licensing: Chumba Casino is legitimately licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), but it abides by the gambling laws set out in each state of the USA. The MGA is a benchmark in regulation and is well-known as one of the leading gambling oversights in the world. So, you can ensure that Chumba Casino’s business model and software have been suitably vetted for quality assurance.
- Data Encryption: Chumba Casino secures your privacy each time you load up onto the site with 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption from Cloudflare Inc, a leader in website security. Rest assured that your details are in safe hands.
- Game Fairness: Under MGA regulation, the casino regularly tests its software for fairness with leading industry auditors. The Random Number Generator is certified by iTech Labs, a renowned name in casino software vetting. Be assured that each game result is completely random and fair.
- Protection of Minors: Play is restricted to those 18 years and older. Age verification is done when you send through your KYC documents for verification. Without completing this process, you cannot buy coins or redeem rewards.
- Responsible Gambling: Chumba Casino is a big supporter of responsible gambling initiatives. As such, you can access various helpful tools to help you manage your gameplay more responsibly. Some of the limits that you can impose upon your account include max. purchase limits, timeframe limits, max. bet limits, max. loss limits, and take-a-break options.
If you were wondering, is Chumba Casino safe, perhaps your mind is at ease now. The casino has gone to great lengths to ensure that its business practice is above board and that it offers a fair and competitive gaming service to casino lovers.
At Chumba Casino, the rewards work a little differently from most casinos because of the Sweepstake dynamic of the platform. You do not earn points for each wager you make, but there are certainly ways of earning bonuses.
While Sweep Coins usually come for free with purchased bundles of Gold Coins, there are other fabulous ways of winning them without spending a cent. This includes:
- No-Cost Giveaways: Once you have registered a valid account with the casino, be sure to follow the operator on Facebook. Chumba regularly gives away free Sweeps. The rules of the contest are usually quite simple and may include the need for you to share the Facebook page with your friends or answer some game-related questions.
- Daily Bonus: Simply log in to your account every day to claim a daily sweepstake prize.
- Request Sweeps by Post: Receive Sweeps by sending a request by post. Send a standard postcard or a piece of unlined, unfolded white paper (that measures 4’’x 6’’) in a stamped envelope to the casino’s PO Box address.
Please remember that Sweep Coins are only valid for sixty days after you last logged in, so put them to good use before you lose them. When redeeming Sweep Coins, click on the menu icon and select ‘’redeem’’ (if the option is not greyed out). You will then be able to select how many coins you would like to exchange for real money. The redemption rate from Sweep Coin to US Dollar is 1:1.
Chumba Casino is one of the leaders in sweepstakes gaming in the US. Not only does the site appeal aesthetically to players, but the quality of games and promotions makes for first-class social casino entertainment. The operator goes the extra mile with a comprehensive help page so that players know exactly what they are getting on the site.
While the Chumba Casino sweepstakes review reveals an admirable gaming site, there are a few drawbacks to the offering. For one, the selection of table games could be increased to offer a more rounded selection. Notable absentees in the game’s library include table poker games, baccarat, craps, and a host of number games.
The casino could also look at changing up the bonus offers from time to time. Gambino Slots is also a social casino, but the Gambino bonus offering includes offers like free spins – you can find out more in our Gambino review. These more traditional promotions may help mainstream gamblers adapt to sweepstakes play more readily.